Performs limited transactional duties with high degree of accuracy. Maintains accurate transactional records. Provides account information by phone, e-mail, or in person. Knowledgeable on the full range of credit union products and services, including basic loan product information, in accordance with credit union policies and procedures
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a friendly, welcoming and timely manner; treating all credit union members, volunteers and employees with a cooperative attitude.
- Address member requests knowledgeably and courteously, conveying trust and confidence with individualized attention to members. Maintain up-to-date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Tellers.
- Perform services dependably and accurately, cross-selling, promoting, explaining CFCU products and services at every opportunity. Includes basic knowledge of certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, on-line banking, bill pay, money orders, IRAs, consumer and mortgage loans (or ability to direct members to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance).
- Maintain personal appearance, workstation, and manner of communication at the highest professional level according to CFCU standards.
- Process share withdrawals, obtaining proper identification and signature verification.
- Process share deposits, examining share drafts/checks for proper endorsements.
- Process loan, mortgage, and credit card payments, and ensure payments matchbalances due.
- Assist with mail or e-mail transactions when available.
- Process cash advances and transfers.
- Issue cashier’s checks and money orders.
- Limited fee reversal according to credit union standards and procedures.
- Place holds on accounts when necessary; according to CFCU guidelines.
- Balance cash drawer nightly according to performance standards. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor/manager as necessary.
- Process address changes.
- Report malfunctions of any equipment used to supervisor/manager.
- Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge on all related policies, and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Place appropriate share comments in computer system.
- Perform file maintenance on accounts as necessary.
- Assist branch manager with audits as requested.
- Participate in training and continued education.
- Perform other duties and related tasks as assigned.
- Attend regular departmental and company-wide meetings.
- Participate in Saturday rotation, minimum of one Saturday per month.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Education
- Excellent member service and communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills
- Ability to interact effectively over the telephone and via e-mail. Effectively communicate with difficult members
- Ability to “travel” as needed to cover any location vacancies
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of the organization
- Good organizational skills, including ability to keep productive during slow times
- Ability to use PC and operate in basic Microsoft Word and Excel documents
- Knowledge of all CFCU products and services
- High school diploma
Beneficial Education and Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) is desired
- Retail/cash handling experience is preferred