Privacy & Security
Important Information About Your Privacy
You have the right to restrict the sharing of personal and financial information with our affiliates (companies we own or control) and outside companies with which we do business.
Nothing in this form prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. This includes sending you information about some other products or services.
YOU DECIDE THE LEVEL OF PRIVACY YOU WANT
We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you wish to opt out of Community First Credit Union exchanging information about you other than transaction or experience information, please complete the form within this brochure.
1) If you have completed the opt out form in the past, there is no need to do so again.
2) An opt out by a joint owner of an account will be treated as an opt out by that owner only, unless you indicate that you want the opt out to apply to all owners under that member account. If you have multiple accounts, and you want to opt out on some or all accounts, please supply each account number for which you want to opt out.
Please complete all sections of the Opt Out Form below. If you have any questions, please contact us at: 707/546-6000 or 800/890-3540.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & DISCLOSE ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you from a variety of sources. Types of information we collect, and the sources from which we collect, include but are not
limited to the following:
- From your membership and loan applications and other forms, we obtain information such as name, address, social security number, and income
- From your transactions with CFCU, we obtain information such as account balances, payment history, parties to your transactions, and credit card usage
- From consumer reporting agencies, we obtain information such as your creditworthiness and credit history
- From verifications of information you provide on applications or other forms, we obtain information from current or past employers, other institutions, and
other sources listed on the application
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO 3RD PARTIES AS NECESSARY TO CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS
In some circumstances, CFCU has determined that the best use of our members' resources is to contract with 3rd parties to assist us in providing services to our members. In other circumstances, CFCU must disclose information to 3rd parties to complete your transactions, to provide services you request, to meet our business needs, or to comply with the law. We may disclose all information we have about you to this type of 3rd party as is required or permitted by law to conduct our business. Examples of this type of 3rd party include but are not limited to:
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Plastic card transaction processors
- Statement printers
- Auditors, insurance companies, legal advisors, and government examiners
- Vehicle dealers in the Credit Union Direct Lending program
- Government agencies from whom we receive lawful information requests
You cannot opt out of disclosure of information about you as described above in this section.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH 3RD PARTIES
We may disclose non-public personal information about you to financial providers such as insurance providers. We may also disclose non-public personal information about you to non-affiliated 3rd parties as necessary to complete transactions, maintain accounts and records, and as permitted by law. You CANNOT opt out of disclosure information as described in this section.
EXPANDED MEMBER SERVICE
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint-marketing agreements. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances, as permitted or required by law. You CAN opt out of disclosure information as described in this section.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER MEMBERS
If you terminate your membership with Community First Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you except as permitted or required by law.
OUR RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS POLICY
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards which comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your non-public information.
WHAT MEMBERS CAN DO TO HELP
CFCU is committed to protecting the privacy of our members and customers. You can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card,
which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc., to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the
credit union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or
unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us –– we are here to serve you!
OPT OUT FORM YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Restrict information sharing with other companies we do business with and who perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint-marketing agreements. Unless you say ‘No,’ we may share personal and financial information about you with these companies.
( ) “NO, please do not share personal and financial information with companies we do business with and who perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint-marketing agreements.”
You may make your privacy choice at any time. Your choice marked here will remain unless you state otherwise. However, if we do not hear from you we may share some of your information with affiliated companies and other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services.
Please complete all sections of the Opt Out Form (below, in PDF file, open file, output to your printer, and fill out). Mail the completed form to the address shown below. Or, if you prefer, you may give the completed form to any Member Service Representative at any of our locations during regular business hours. Please supply each account number for which you want to opt out.
Community First Credit Union
Attention: Operations Department
P.O. Box 6004
Santa Rosa, CA 95406-0004
Thank You for your Membership!
Click here to download the Opt Out Form