Responsible for mortgage loan origination production, customer experience, communication and marketing of all credit union mortgage loan products within the Loan Officer designated credit union territory. Including conducting borrower application interviews, reviewing documentation to ensure loan transactions meet company, investor, state and regulatory requirements. Compensation structure is base salary or commission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of all CFCU and lending partner mortgage loan products, and guidelines.
- Interview loan applicants and review documentation to determine borrower creditworthiness and ensure ability to repay; assist members in determining the best product to fit their needs.
- Actively approach all new leads with a sense of urgency; manage mortgage pipeline to ensure timely closings.
- Communicate critical origination timeline; including disclosure/re-disclosure, product, pricing, underwriting conditions, closing disclosure and funding process to all applicants.
- Communicate underwriting decisions; suspense, approval and/or declinations to ensure customer is informed at all times.
- Ensure excellent communication throughout the process with all third parties associated with each transaction; realtors, title companies, appraisers, and/or outside lending sources.
- Perform weekly marketing including; MLS meetings/tours, publishing of realtor emails.
- Schedule monthly realtor office visits, lunches and conduct presentations to market credit union products including niche portfolio loan options and co-branding of marketing flyers for listings.
- Perform regular outbound calls to establish and maintain referral partners and past borrower relationships.
- Support branch member service staff with mortgage loan assistance.
- Attend local community events including chamber functions.
- Attend regular departmental and company-wide meetings as scheduled.
- Answer loan queue calls.
- Perform other duties and related tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Education
- High school diploma
- Must meet NMLS federal registration requirements
- Background in mortgage lending (2 – 4 years preferable) with a good understanding of mortgage lending practices, products and underwriting guidelines
- Solid time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Excellent sales and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a larger team
- Ability to meet critical deadlines under stressful situations
- Strong computer skills, with ability to use PC and work in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of mortgage lending systems such as Calyx Point, Doc Magic, FNMA DU, preferred
- Basic cross-selling experience within a heavy member/customer contact environment
Beneficial Education and Experience
- Consumer loan knowledge
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful