Community Involvement. Community First!
We are chartered –– by the California Department of Financial Institutions –– to serve the LOCAL community. When we received that charter (to expand from the former Sonoma Schools Credit Union) we carefully chose our name to reflect our mission: to put the community first.
Some of our favorite causes are likely because of our educator roots: Schools Plus, in-class financial literacy education, and 0% AG Loans to 4-H and FFA students. In the past three years, Community First has helped to raise or contribute thousands of dollars for local schools. Moreover, we have conducted more than 150 in-class financial literacy presentations, reaching over 3,000 students from grades six through 12.
Every year, during the Holidays, we hold a stroller drive for The Living Room, a shelter for local women and their children. The most recent drive resulted in nearly 70 strollers to the deserving women at The Living Room!
Oh, we kind of like parades. We participate in: Apple Blossom in Sebastopol, Future Farmers Twilight in Healdsburg, Pride and Stumptown Daze parades in Guerneville, among others.
We put ourselves to good use with many local worthy causes. Among them:
- Social Advocates for Youth
- Schools Plus
- Educator Calendar Program (specially made, academic calendars to all Sonoma classrooms)
- In-class Financial Literacy presentations to schools throughout Sonoma County
- GoLocal (Board Member)
- Roseland University Prep Internship Program
- Sebastopol Entrepreneurs Project
- Leadership Santa Rosa
- Holly Daze Scholarship
- Parade of Lights and Stumptown Parade in Guerneville
- 6th Street Playhouse
- Elsie Allen Sports
- Montgomery High Drama
- Santa Rosa High Choral
- Youth Sports Network
- The Living Room (help to homeless women and their children)
- Russian River Chamber (Secretary)
- Russian Riverkeeper (two Board members)
- Sebastopol Chamber
- Forestville Chamber
- Healdsburg Chamber
- Santa Rosa Chamber